College admissions open May 16

LCC Bacolod ready to accept freshmen & transfer students

May 16, 2016 — Those who finished secondary education prior to the implementation of the Senior High School program, in 2015 and earlier, but did not proceed to college are welcome to enroll in any of the baccalaureate degree programs of La Consolacion College Bacolod should they decide to move on to college.  They need not to go through two years of Senior High School, says Dr. Walter Peter Arcenas, registrar.

College Admissions 2016 Banner 2

The registrar said that they have been receiving inquiries as many people are still confused while the Kto12 transition is going on.  Those that have graduated in 2016 will no longer be allowed to proceed to college, but instead will have to take tracks & specializations in the Senior High. However still, there were students who did not continue through college after they have graduated from high school in 2015, these are the students that may be admitted, Arcenas added.

The college is also open to transfer- returning students and those who wanted to shift to a different discipline.

One of the challenges however is if the total number of freshmen and transfer students combined does not reach the minimum population to run a regular class which is 25.  LCC Bacolod is exhausting all measures possible including finding possible financial sources to subsidize a small number of college freshmen during the Kto12 transition.  In the meantime, students are admitted on a conditional status with a notice that it may be necessary for students to enroll on a ‘special class’ arrangement should the required number for a regular class is not met.

Applicants need to take an admission examination administered by the College Guidance Services Center daily from Monday through Friday.  Other admission requirements include: the report card, NSO Birth Certificate, Certificate of Good Moral Character, and five pieces 1’x1’ ID picture.  Transfer students are required of the Certificate of Transfer Credentials while returning students and those who will be shifting need to have their academic record evaluated by the Registrar.